• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the 'Expand Art' under 'Line and Sketch Art'in Illustrator greyed out?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me why "Expand Art" in "Line and Sketch Art" in illustrator is greyed out.

Im exporting a simple file to illustrator from Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro. I was watching a tutorial from 2014 on Sketch I saw that when opened in Ai it was a .sket file and mine is a .psd. Not sure if this has something to do with it and how to export in this format as there doesn't seem to be any options, other than simply export to illustrator. Im hoping I'm doing something wrong and it's still an option.

Thank You for your help in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Rather than attempting to open the .sket or .psd file, you'll want to SEND your Sketch project from your device to Ai.

From your mobile device, send directly to your connected CreativeCloud Illustrator.  (It should automatically open on your desktop if you're signed in with the same CC account). 

Once that sent file opens, Expand Art should be available.

Make sure the versions match (CC mobile and your CC Desktop apps)

should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than attempting to open the .sket or .psd file, you'll want to SEND your Sketch project from your device to Ai.

From your mobile device, send directly to your connected CreativeCloud Illustrator.  (It should automatically open on your desktop if you're signed in with the same CC account). 

Once that sent file opens, Expand Art should be available.

Make sure the versions match (CC mobile and your CC Desktop apps)

should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I this answer does not work.  Expand art is still greyed out no matter if you send with CC to Illustrator.

Did Adobe remove this feature?  It's super important!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines