• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC - Updating Published Collections

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue that I hope someone can help with.

I have the most up to date version of CC. It seems to be constantly Updating Published Collections.  Doesn't matter if I leave it doing it for days, overnight it's doing it all the time.  It's getting to a point where it is slowing down my use of Lightroom and indeed my entire Mac, everything runs slowly.

Many thanks in advance.

Colin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Describe more about what you mean by "constantly Updating Published Collections." What exactly is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPC.jpg

Thanks for the reply John.  In the top left hand corner there is a progress bar which is moving and completes, then starts again with the wording Updating Published Collections above it.

I can use Lightroom normally, however performance is significantly reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found a possible answer.  I publish via Mosaic to my Google Drive, trying to search for Mosaic I can't find any valid website - do you know whether this company/plug in doesn't exist any more.  It might be that, its constantly trying to use the plug in but somewhere along the line it is no longer an active service.

EDIT

Yes, I've disabled that plug in and Hey Presto it's stopped.  Guess I need to look for another back up solution now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible, and I could only just remember its name. Someone must know what happened to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Mosaic was sold to On1 10/2014 and then On1 killed it.

See this Crunchbase page for the sale information: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/mosaic-storage-systems#/entity

If you try clicking the links on these pages:

CNET: Mosaic Storage Systems, Inc. - Download.com

Mosaic (@MosaicArchive) | Twitter

they take you to On1's site: ON1, Inc. – Award Winning Photography Software and Plug-ins. And there is no mention of Mosaic at On1's site (according to Google).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I've removed the plug in and everything now works fine. I'll look for an alternative backup solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines