Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fold spine of CD Cover to get 3d effect

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have an album cover which i want to fold spine of cd over just like final.jpg i have many jpg files as have attached Required 3d spin.jpg, I want an action to make same effect please help me to get an idea how to do that i am really bargainer in Photoshop actions.

Thanks in advance.

Jenny

FINAL.jpgRequired 3d spin.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Start by adding some canvas around your image, and make sure your image isn't the background layer. Make a selection covering the spine of the case, you just have to get the fold accurate and let the selection go outside the image area:

The use either free transform or a combination of perspective and scale to transform the spine:

Deselect the selection and then transform the entire image, using skew.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this with a script, but an action should work fine, if all the files are exactly the same, meaning the folds need to be in the same location. Just take one of you your files, start recording an action to transform it, and when you're doing, you can use Image Processor to apply it to a whole folder of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Chuck for reply, I will doing same but when go to free transform and wrap model apply out side line not straight?? any idea hot get ride of this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by adding some canvas around your image, and make sure your image isn't the background layer. Make a selection covering the spine of the case, you just have to get the fold accurate and let the selection go outside the image area:

The use either free transform or a combination of perspective and scale to transform the spine:

Deselect the selection and then transform the entire image, using skew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chuck Uebele​i just create this action, many thanks for your precious help in this regards!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines