• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

self-assembling timelines

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I posted this in the Creative Cow forums but thought I would try here too...I have an idea for a workflow enhancement at my place work and I'm trying to figure out how to implement it, I was hoping someone could give me some pointers.

Background: I am a compositor for an animation studio. Animations are made in Adobe CC Animate and I export individual characters and moving props as .swf files. The backgrounds department supply me with layered Photoshop .psd files. Shot by shot, I sandwich these together, add effects, blurs, blending, camera moves and so on, and render an output that adheres to a naming convention, eg:

DOM207_A037_V02_JB.mov

[show and episode]_[shot number]_[version]_[compositor name]

What I would like to be able to do is create an editing timeline in Premiere which automatically assembles the most current, up to date version of each episode based on querying the folder hierarchy and names of files inside a particular folder on the server. Every shot is ordered, so A_037 is the 37th shot in the episode's sequence, V02 tells us this file is the second render of that shot (after retakes/revisions), and the initials at the end says who comped the shot. The timeline would self-assemble by looking to see whether a particular shot number exists, if so inserting it into the timeline, at the appropriate timecode, and also swapping out each shot in the timeline for the latest version as new ones arrive.

I am unfortunately not very comfortable writing code although perhaps a project like this might be doable for a beginner... any advice would be appreciated.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?