• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 installing $79 upgrade issues

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to upgrade from LR5 to 6 and have had issues on my big PC desktop computer. Installation worked easily on my laptop PC, no problems. Now I get Click "Import" button message when I try to open LR6. Is this the "import" on file drop-down menu? And what do I import, just Lightroom folder in my pictures, or do I have to import my entire "Pictures" folder containing all my photos? This is massive and would take a very long time. I started with LR2, which is the catalogue that comes up if I go back and open LR5, even though LR5 is the program that that comes up at that time. What steps do I take, what do I import, or would it be better to remove all signs of LR6 and re-import? Issue started when I tried to update LR6 after installing to get "raw" access for my new Nikon D500. Hope you can help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

And what do I import, just Lightroom folder in my pictures, or do I have to import my entire "Pictures" folder containing all my photos?

When upgrading from LR 5 to LR 6, there should be no importing necessary. If Lightroom 6 didn't upgrade your previous catalog (did it?), then you want to use File->Open Catalog and select the LR 5 catalog file.

Again ... NO IMPORTING. DO NOT IMPORT ANYTHING. In case this isn't clear, DO NOT IMPORT ANYTHING.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Photoshop Lightroom​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And what do I import, just Lightroom folder in my pictures, or do I have to import my entire "Pictures" folder containing all my photos?

When upgrading from LR 5 to LR 6, there should be no importing necessary. If Lightroom 6 didn't upgrade your previous catalog (did it?), then you want to use File->Open Catalog and select the LR 5 catalog file.

Again ... NO IMPORTING. DO NOT IMPORT ANYTHING. In case this isn't clear, DO NOT IMPORT ANYTHING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines