• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"this file [jpg] cannot be opened"

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is a really simple question that I've been overlooking the answer to.

I've shot some material for work on a Canon 70D in JPG and have Lightroom (v.1) on a secondhand Dell laptop  that I just picked up for school.

Is there a file converter that I should download? Am not sure why Lightroom won't open a JPG file.

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whooooareyou,

When you import jpeg files in Lightroom, are you able to see the previews for the jpeg files on the import window.

Share a screenshot for the problem.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I insert a screenshot? And to answer a below q, yes, I'm doing File>Import Photos from Disk (from an SD card).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whooooareyou wrote:

How do I insert a screenshot?

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have LR 1.1 installed. The last update for LR 1 was 1.4.1. You can download and install the 1.4.1 update here: Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.4.1 update : Thank You

Do you get this message with ALL of the imported JPEG files or just some?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible that Lr v1  could import from the SD card by using the "ADD" option? (not possible with later versions)

If photos were imported using 'ADD'  then the SD card must be plugged in for Lr to 'see' the photos on the SD and allow you to develop the photo.

In the Library module, check the folder panel to see where the image exists in your computer system.

The photos need to be on an internal or external-connected drive to be available to Lr.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am not sure why Lightroom won't open a JPG file.

How are you "opening" the JPG?

File > Import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines