• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 12 won't open, troubleshooting didn't work

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 12 running on Windows 8.1. I OWN this product, it's not CC. Bought it a couple years ago, have used it for several projects, now it simply won't open. I tried the troubleshooting suggestions on the forum from 2014; removed a line below the #  ::1    localhost. Didn't help. Tried option 2, renaming SLStore, didn't help. After I renamed SLStore, I got a dialog box which had me put in the serial number of my program. (I registered it as soon as I installed it).  I did so and got the same error message from Windows; I don't remember the exact wording, I can't even get the error anymore, but it was something like Windows can't run this, we'll let you if we find a solution to the problem. Right now I can't even get the welcome screen.

We recently moved and I have a new ISP, plus just installed a new video card, a GEForce 1050Ti. I suppose either or both of these things could be causing the problem, but I'm just really angry and frustrated right now. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?