• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Had to copy a hard drive to a new hard drive; how do I have LR 2015.7 CC find it

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so here's what happened. I was using a 3tb hard drive, noticed I was running out of storage- realized that the Neweer Voyagerdrive box I was using DOESN'T RECOGNIZE over 2TB drives! So I used SuperDuper to copy all the data to a new 3TB drive. But now I'm worried that all my edits (800GB worth) will vanish!

Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

All you should have to do is start Lightroom and highlight the topmost folder. Right-click on that folder and choose to update the folder location. Then you will be able to point Lightroom to the folder on the new hard drive. Everything should still be in place and your work should continue as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All you should have to do is start Lightroom and highlight the topmost folder. Right-click on that folder and choose to update the folder location. Then you will be able to point Lightroom to the folder on the new hard drive. Everything should still be in place and your work should continue as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines