• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw format to JPEG in Lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 5. I shot a picture in raw format and want to use it on a Christmas card. In the present format, it will only print one copy at a time. Then I have to go through the printer setup all over again. Last year, I used a JPEG formatted picture which printed out multiple copies. My question is there any way to make a copy of the original and then convert it to a JPEG format?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

You don't need to export it as a JPG just to make multiple print copies.

While in the print module, select the print options of your printer and set the quantity in there. Your printer driver will make the copies for you and print identical copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to export it as a JPG just to make multiple print copies.

While in the print module, select the print options of your printer and set the quantity in there. Your printer driver will make the copies for you and print identical copies.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is there any way to make a copy of the original and then convert it to a JPEG format?

This doesn't solve the problem. Anything you can do with a JPG you also do with a RAW. It seems that McLion has pointed out the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer the original question, you export the raw image and choose the JPEG format. Choose the option to add the JPEG to the catalog. Export to the same folder. You will have the JPEG copy. However, as the others have indicated this isn't going to solve the multiple print issue. It's possible to print multiple copies of any format. But you have to do it  by clicking on the Page Setup button, which displays your printer driver controls. It's in the printer driver where you designate the number of copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried using print settings and print but they didn't do multiple copies. If you go to the printer button (lower right corner in the in the print mode) and make your settings there, it works just fine. I assume that this way must access the printer's drivers rather than Lightroom's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines