• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects - PLEASE help

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to After Effects and I am animating a Christmas card for clients that I made in Illustrator. For some reason the first 3:07 seconds everything works fine and then after ´3:08 I get the error screen shown below. Only the layers of the snowflake aren´t appearing and I have no idea why. I have to have this done by tonight so I would be very grateful for any help! THANK YOU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

It looks like all your Illustrator elements have been imported as Illustrator sequences. You can tell because the icons look like a bunch of frames stacked on top of each other. This could have something to do with your file or layer names, causing AE to think you wanted to import an image sequence.

Re-import your footage (right click on item in project panel -> replace footage) and be sure to uncheck "Illustrator/PDF/EPS sequence" in the import dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that the file has not been moved, have you already tried to replace/reload the .ai file?

Looks like after 3:08 the file is missing.

Do you get any error pop-up before the file appear missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like all your Illustrator elements have been imported as Illustrator sequences. You can tell because the icons look like a bunch of frames stacked on top of each other. This could have something to do with your file or layer names, causing AE to think you wanted to import an image sequence.

Re-import your footage (right click on item in project panel -> replace footage) and be sure to uncheck "Illustrator/PDF/EPS sequence" in the import dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snakedogman is correct. You should have separated all of the elements you wanted to import in illustrator so they are on separate layers then imported Import as a comp and probably retain layer size and then made very sure that import as a sequence was not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This could have something to do with your file or layer names, causing AE to think you wanted to import an image sequence.

that's right. if your file is being imported out of a folder that has the same file name with sequential numbers i.e test1 test2 - it will default to import it as a sequence:

sequence.gif

you can of course uncheck that box, but that's a gotcha right there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, THAT screen (I hate that one). After Effects can't find the file, for whatever reason (sometimes, no reason at all). Look for the files in your 'Project' window in After Effects, right click on one of them and choose 'replace file'. That will open a file browser window, which will allow you to navigate back to the original file. You'll probably only need to do it once, and it will be enough to prompt After Effects to find the rest of the files there too. I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click on one of them and choose 'replace file'.

clicking on it twice will do the same thing and could save you a few hours a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, you're right! Might prevent RSI too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Unchecking it did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines