• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to center position an anchored object?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I want my image to flow with the text, but I still want it to be centered instead of aligned right like the text, is this possible without unanchoring it?

help.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

An anchored object can be selected like text, and centered using the text centering controls. I suggest creating a paragraph style for your anchored objects, with the alignment set to center.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An anchored object can be selected like text, and centered using the text centering controls. I suggest creating a paragraph style for your anchored objects, with the alignment set to center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

How do I create a paragraph style? I'm pretty new at InDesign still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Window > Styles, there is a Paragraph Styles panel. It can save all attributes that can be applied to full paragraphs. One easy way to start is to format a paragraph in the way you would like, and then begin a new Paragraph style with your text cursor in the formatted paragraph. This way, the style panel will automatically be populated with the settings that match the paragraph you already formatted.

If you set one up this way, be sure to check the Apply Style to Selection box.

If you want to format individual words or phrases within a paragraph, Character Styles can be used. They override the paragraph style in the places where they are applied.  You can set up Object styles as well. 

It's good practice to do all of your formatting with styles, and avoid manual overrides.  This is the way to keep your document consistent, and make global changes easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I really aprecciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines