Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FindChangeByList.jsx for InDesign CS6

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

MyFindChangebylist script for IND CS6 has an error. Where can I find a new copy of the script to replace my existing copy?

Thanks,

Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

This is the error I get when I run the script:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cbishop01,

Thanks for the link. I found the script and overwrote the copy I have. Unfortunately, I got the same error as I posted to Steve. This is more challenging then my level of expertise : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your "FindChangeList.txt" inside the folder FindChangeSupport?  You will more than likely have to replace that script and then restart indesign.  Thats what i had to do.  ALso Did you edit your FindCHangeList.txt before the Error started?  Also did you download the  Download the InDesign Supporting Tutorial Scripts (ZIP, 94K) file? from the above address?  Just unzip it and replace the Script/s that are bad.  If you did that already maybe have the Moderator move this to the Scripting portion of the forum.  THey would be able to help you out better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cbishop01,

Yes, the FindChangeList.txt file is in the folder FindChangeSupport. I copied in the replacement file and have restarted InDesign. I did not edit the text file prior to this, but I have been doing so today. I'll go study the Tutorial Scripts to see if there is anything there. After that, I will contact the Moderator. Strangely, the script works up to a point then stops with this error.

Thanks for responding - I do appreciate your input.

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.  Sorry i couldnt help you more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my reply in your other thread

InDesign CS6 script error - FindChangebyList

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines