• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images not smooth in pdf

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen similar questions - but the asker was not able to provide enough details, and I am hoping to get to the bottom of this. So here is an image I made in illustrator Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.44.47 AM.png

I embedded it into an inDesign document(where it looked fine) - then exported it using the "high quality print" preset Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.45.14 AM.png

it has been scaled down(shrunk) - so to me that should mean that it would be even less chance of being so ragged. I wondered if it was somehow my screen - but i have a retina display with high-resolution settings. To make sure that wasn't the case I sent it to my second computer (much lower res pc) and here is how it looks there - ragged vector screen shot.png

even worse!

Image was created using two circles & pathfinder tool + number 1 in a text box

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the flattener preview. It seems that your vector image rasterized because have intersections with some effects/etc.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the same happen when you save the graphic as AI or PDF, and place it, rather than embedding? That's generally better practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines