Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sensor Animation

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can guide me on the best way to animate an adaptive cruise control sensor.

Please take a look at this 3-D video for the animation reference- Adaptive Cruise Control Audi - YouTube

The final animation won't be in 3-D.

I need to animate the bars from the attached reference.

Thanks.

Graphics4k.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

You can move the producer point, can you not? You need to spend some time with the plug-in and learn how it works. Even if the producer point was static, you could still pre-compose the whole layer and mask it, so only one side remains, which is what I would do, anyway - create a large square comp, tweak the wave parameters, use the pre-comp as a layer in the parent comp and mask out the "cone" using a mask or a symetrrical radial wipe. And again, that also takes care of any alignment and orien

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects --> Generate --> Radio Waves and a bit of masking and pre-comping.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. This might work. Can you help me on how do rotate the radio wave so looks like my graphic? I can't seem to figure that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to rotate anything. Just set a suitably low side count on the polygon shape or create a rectangular mask with the right orientation and feed it into the effect. Of course you can always rotate the pre-comp layer just as well, since you will have to mask it anyway.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is starting to look like what I need but the pulse starts from the middle. I need the pulse to start from right to left. Attached is a shot of my desktop.

Example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can move the producer point, can you not? You need to spend some time with the plug-in and learn how it works. Even if the producer point was static, you could still pre-compose the whole layer and mask it, so only one side remains, which is what I would do, anyway - create a large square comp, tweak the wave parameters, use the pre-comp as a layer in the parent comp and mask out the "cone" using a mask or a symetrrical radial wipe. And again, that also takes care of any alignment and orientation issues because you can simply rotate and move the layer as a whole.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding and all your help! I got it looking good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines