• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Do HD Quality

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Recently I found a disc for Adobe premiere Elements 10. I Was Using windows movie maker, so I was excited for an upgrade. I installed it and gave it a test run. I was trying to make a 1080p HD Video, But when I put in the video I wanted to edit, It did not show up in the preview box at the top left, just an empty gray box. When I click on the preview box, the current frame of the video shows up, but when I play it, the video does not move. The audio still moves and plays, but the video Is stuck on 1 single frame. I tried all the different project settings/presets for a different HD one that works, but none did. I even tried lowering the resolution to 720p but that didn't work either. It only works with video presets that are non HD (ex: 480p). I also tried one that worked in non-HD and changed the actual preset file to HD quality, but that gave the same error. At this point I'm convinced It's a problem with the software and how it handles HD quality (Please Tell Me If I'm Wrong). I was wondering If there was some sort of hotfix I can download or way to fix it to let it playback HD videos. When I export the test video to a file, It works perfectly fine. It just doesn't show in the program's Preview box.

I Use A PC With Windows 10.

My Graphics Drivers Are Up To Date.

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with version 9 and it was not supposed to work with HD 1080p60 or AVCHD video.  I found some "workarounds" and got by.  Memory suggests that it was not until version 11 that AVCHD 2 was officially supported that included 1080p60.  AVDHD 1 only included 1080i, not 1080p.

Again from memory, I think my favorite project setting in version 9 and 10 was listed under DSLR and was for 1920x1080p30.  At output there was an "advanced" choice to make a preset for p60.

Premier Elements is now on version 15 and it would be rare if you had any trouble with 1080p on either a Mac or PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 10 is a pretty old program, pigglet. The world of video technology has come a long way since 2011. If you're going to work in hi-def and progressive frame video you really ought to consider a more recent version of the program.

It's actually kind of unfair to use a 5 year old version of a program and then complain that it's not state of the art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been using PE 10 with Win 7 for many years and have had no problems creating HD BluRay or AVCHD discs.

I have no problem playing discs (either format) on PCs (Win 7 & XP) or on numerous BluRay/TV players

What has not been asked yet is what is the source of your video and is the source video indeed HD.  I am currently using an Sony HD camcorder (HDRCX440) which records to a microSD card.

The project/capture settings I use are

project settings.jpg

Output settings for BluRay

output setting BluRay.jpg

Output settings for AVCHD

output setting AVCHD.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines