• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I download PDF's now all the writing shows as little boxes. How do I fix that?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use adobe acrobat pro Dc all the time. Starting yesterday every pdf I look at shows all in little tiny boxes or squares and no writing. anybody know how to fix that? Thank you so much in advance.

[Moved from the Lounge to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually related to font problems: The font does not have a glyph for a certain character, so it just displays an empty rectangle. The first thing I would try is to load a file that is not form the same source as the field you've tried to far. One option would be this sample file: http://khkonsulting.com/files/LoremIpsum.pdf Download this file to e.g. your desktop and then open it from there. Do you see the rectangles as well? If so, I would try to repair the Acrobat installation. On the Windows version, you can find the Repair option in Acrobat's Help menu. If that does not fix your problem, you may want to look at "Use local fonts" preference. To access this, open up Acrobat's preferences, then go to the "Page Display" category, and change the setting for "Use local fonts". Does that change anything in how your documents are getting displayed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try those items and it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do any other applications show font problems?

Which version of Acrobat are you running, and on what operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines