• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a file via cpanel does not affect website.

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it not possible to edit a Muse html file via my host's cpanel? Website does not update after changing one word of text in the about.html file. Is it really not possible to change text directly in the html file?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clear your browser's cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Thanks for responding. That was the first thing I did. I was thinking permissions or a setting in cpanel but my host checked it out and said everything looked good on the server end, possibly something with the Muse code. It's strange to me (not super code savvy) that a piece of text reads one way in the HTML file and another on the published website.  ?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized Muse exported all text as images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the file and folder permission using the file manager. Make sure it set to 777. Also try cleaning your browser's cache and cookies. You can use these tools to clean up windows old temp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. As all text was exported as images by Muse, I don't believe anything will affect it. I have to change the font within Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines