• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: ATM Parse Error (83::2)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my office we work with a couple of workstations running on windows 7 with Premiere and After Effects.

We have diffrent workflows to integrate selfmade After Effects templates for regualar TV programs edited in Premiere Pro.

Most of them were created in CC2015.1

After our update to a newer version (CC2015.1 or 2017), we are not able to open any of that after effetcs projects, nor in After Effects of Premiere.

We always get the "After Effects error: ATM Parse Error (83::2)" error after opening the project.

When I downgrade to the CC2015.1 Version everything works fine again.

I read about some font problems regarding that Error. Was anyone sucessfull deeling with that Error in a practical way?

I am not able to delete all fonts, because I need them. And if there is a possibility to get "bad" fonts somewhere, how can I avoid to get them?

I need a workflow to be not affraid of any coming update!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

It was still a font issue! The font "Source Sans Pro" I used in that project had some installation issues. It wasn't uninstalled at all. Now I got it and reinstalled the font. The ATM Error is gone. But it was hard to find out why and which font it is related to. It would be great to have a guidline how to install fonts correct and where to get them from (next to Typekit), to avoid that kind of trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What fonts are you using in those projects?

Have you installed a lot of fonts on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main font in that project is "Source Sans Pro".

I had a lot of fonts on that system. I deleted them all and started from scratch. It worked for some time. But I got the problem back again. I was not able to reconstruct when in started and why.

The only thing I know is, it always works fine with the software version in which the project was build.

So my question is, what can change in a software, that fonts work fine and become corrupt, after an update?! I still can use all the fonts in new projects, made with the updated software version and never get problems.

What is the best workflow to integrate fonts to our system for the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of an issue like this before. I'd recommend contacting Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best an most effectiv way of doing it? Never did it before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe.com/Support and there's a contact us button on the bottom somewhere. (Their webpages are different for different regions, so I don't know exactly what it'll look like for you.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was still a font issue! The font "Source Sans Pro" I used in that project had some installation issues. It wasn't uninstalled at all. Now I got it and reinstalled the font. The ATM Error is gone. But it was hard to find out why and which font it is related to. It would be great to have a guidline how to install fonts correct and where to get them from (next to Typekit), to avoid that kind of trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines