• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Volunteer web designer needed

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.SaveAslave.com needs a volunteer web designer.

Mod Note:

Contact can be made using the Private Message system

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you a non-profit entity?  And do you have the required paperwork and tax status to prove it? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Just a little guy trying to help.

Can you design a web site similar to what is on SaveAslave right now but improved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  I don't work for free.  And while I do pro bono for worthwhile causes when I can, only when the entity is a non-profit with 501(c) status.   I think you'll find that's fairly typical. 

501(c) organization - Wikipedia

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Just a little guy trying to help.

It doesn't work that way. Six of my clients in the US have 501(c) status. . .and I don't work for them for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SaveAslae has a few volunteers mostly missionaries , we are not expecting monetary rewards in this lifetime, but we seem to get by somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are not expecting monetary rewards in this lifetime

My sister-in-law is the director of a non-profit that takes teams of doctors of the Congo. No one gets paid, not even my sister-in-law. She even pays her own transportation expenses. But they still have to be registered as a 501(c).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be great to be a IRS  tax exempt charity before we spent more time filling out government forms in a office and waiting for approval.

Now we just do it.

There must be a person that knows about web design and wants to improve the SaveAslave.com web site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried any local college campuses?

You can find free help there pretty easily and the students can use the hands on experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now a days students have a full life.

Some study full time and also work full time.

But they are on the intent and maybe one could volunteer to improve the SaveAslave.com website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be executive director for 2 non-profits so I can well appreciate the amount of paperwork, required to get & maintain 501(c) status.  But honestly, you cannot accept tax free grants & donations without it.   So it's the cost of doing business.  If you can't do it yourself. you need to hire an expert to help you with administration.

Once your 501(c) is in place, you'll be better postured to solicit grants & donations to help support your goals.  Some of the top crowd funding sites for non-profits below. 

• Razoo
  • Causes
  • Startsomegood
  • Crowdrise
  • Kickstarter
  • Indiegogo

Don't put your cart before the horse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SaveAslave does not accept ant donations and that is why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't accept donations because you don't have a 501(c) or you don't plan on ever accepting donations or grant monies to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SveAslave.com does nor accept donations or grants. SaveAslave is not a IRS tax exempt organization..

Is there a web designer that knows how to improve the eb site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention that a dot com is a commercial (for profit) website.  A dot org is a an organization (non-profit) website.   If you're running a dot com, you should be able to pay your web developers.  Otherwise something's wrong with your business model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Volunteer web designer for SaveAslave.You are probably right.

But let us try.

Its our time to waste, but in the mean time if you can help in any, than just do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines