• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All keywords are missing... How can I get them back? Windows 10 issue?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop that almost crashed two weeks ago. I exported all my important work and photoes to my new workstation. I have my pictures and files. So it is all safe 🙂

I use Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge and Indesign. It was installed on my old laptop, and I installed it on my new workstation.

So today I uninstalled all the Creative Cloud application from my laptop (I need it for a class tomorrow), and now the catalogue contains 0 pictures on my new pc.

But does the uninstallation from one pc impact the account itself - and the apps on another pc? I only have one account.

I also recently installed windows 10 on my new pc, and I cant remember wheather I have used Lightroom or not after that.

The problem is that I have 10 000 images in this catalogue, and I have been sorting them by names/keywords, and I have used a lot of time to do it. Is there any way to find out if its still there?

Kind regards

Gjertrud Marie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

You probably are looking at the wrong catalog file. You need to find the catalog file that  contains the 10000 images. You can search by using the operating system's search feature to find all files whose name ends with .LRCAT. Once you find them, probably the largest file is the one you want, double-click on it to open it in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably are looking at the wrong catalog file. You need to find the catalog file that  contains the 10000 images. You can search by using the operating system's search feature to find all files whose name ends with .LRCAT. Once you find them, probably the largest file is the one you want, double-click on it to open it in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much dj_paige 🙂

I found the largest catalog file, but it contained 0 files. So I chose my folder, and import, and the keywords came popping up!

You made my day

But do you have any idea how this could happen?

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines