Exit

CC2017 - typing in application bar screwed up

Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New iMac 27" 5k Retina with 4.0gHz, 512 GB SSD, 32GB RAM

InDesign 2017

When I type in my application bar (for instance, 1p3) and have text selected (several paragraphs), it won't let me type in the space allocated. Instead it types (and replaces) the text I have selected. I can only use the up/down buttons to input numbers. See attached for the area I am talking about in case I am calling it the wrong thing.

I can type numbers (e.g. 1p3) in the flyout panels on the right.

I just noticed this on my new iMac... haven't checked on my 2014 15" Macbook Pro yet.

Anyone else seen this yet? It's really starting to piss me off.

Please forgive the unnecessary extra frames... I took this over from someone less with less knowledge of INDD. I'm trying to bring the file up to my standards by getting rid of all the double returns, etc.

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at Tue Dec 6 | 1.29PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Do a search on the forum, this is asked and answered already many, many times: turn of Opentype adornment in the text preferences!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it also, a couple of times, typed backwards... for instance if I want to type 1p3 in, it types 31 (no p).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search on the forum, this is asked and answered already many, many times: turn of Opentype adornment in the text preferences!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines