Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 Adjustment Layers

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know if i haven't noticed, but this is a first I've experienced this: How do I make an adjustment layer in a nest Composition not affect assets beneath it in the Parent Composition?

I used to create graphics in a separate Comp to place on top of videos and I would use an Adjustment layer to do any final changes before either exporting it out as a lossless or dynamic linking it into PP so I would seldom come across this. Has it always been like this or is this a recent update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

If you turn off the "collapse transformations" switch, the Adjustment layer will only affect the layers underneath it in its own composition and won't mess with layers in the parent composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn off the "collapse transformations" switch, the Adjustment layer will only affect the layers underneath it in its own composition and won't mess with layers in the parent composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, ok. Thanks. I guess for me, by default, that has always been turned off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I leave it off unless I need it on for a specific reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I´m having some troubles with adjustment layer on AE cc 2017. I´m getting mad looking for layer selector in Adjustment layer, where you select the layer that is affected. On previos versions its really simple and on 2017 I don´t find it.

previous version

Captura de pantalla 2017-02-17 a la(s) 19.59.22.png

2017 version

Captura de pantalla 2017-02-17 a las 20.03.41.png

Can you help me plzzzz????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no worries, I found my error, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines