• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto blink

Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a blink cycle on auto blink?

So instead of the computer monitoring my own blinks, I can set the blinks to randomness (as I can see available in bottom right of image)

I've created a sequence of images for blink animation but when I test the puppet out, it is not working. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I've taken a couple of screen grabs of my set up below

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Here's a quick example I put together with auto cycle layers blinks: Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the Suspect in the examples project, he has working auto blink: Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the file from the link above and got this. Is this the correct one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind

Found it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the scene you can see the auto blink but when I go into Puppet control, it not showing the auto blink on there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the auto blink you can see in the 'scene' is just a single frame blink, thou Auto blink shows you can add layers. Should it cycle through them when it is working properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a quick example I put together with auto cycle layers blinks: Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've downloaded it and had a look around and though I've got the settings the same, there is one difference I cant work out

In your Puppet control, the Behaviour on your LIDS is just a cycle, it doesnt show the Auto blink behaviour, though when I go into scene, the auto blink is showing. I've copied yourset up, but when I just put a cycle layer onto the lids, when I go into scene, I do not have the auto blink showing up.

I've copied your settings and the cycle on the blink, or auto cycle, I just can't get to work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMing you a working version of yours now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blink question.jpg

I've got a blink that that works well however they aren't occurring at the same time. Right cycle first then left starts after its complete. Poor guy looks drunk. Ideally I'd like to set the puppet to auto blink and have the cycle layers do their thing automatically.  How Would I get that to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the interrogation example from here for an example of auto-blink: Character Animator Examples

Also make sure Face > Replacements has "blink both eyes together" checked:

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 10.05.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I'm wondering the same thing and it doesn't seem like the sample puppet has cycle layers on the blinks. Is it possible to have a blink cycle triggered by auto-blink?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave can answer better, but the previous screen shots I believe demonstrated auto blink and cycle layers working together. That is, you need two behaviours I assume - “auto blink” (can probably be on the root of the puppet) which  triggers the blink behavior, then on the eyes you have a cycle layers property. Look for the screen shots with “left blink” or “right blink” with child layers called 1, 2, 3, etc. Notice the lego brick icon on the blink layers - that would be the “cycle layers” behavior that was added. The auto blink is up higher in the hierarchy so both eyes blink together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alan! I actually figured it out thanks to the Al the Alien demo puppet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey? What! I am Alan the Alien...??  Oh, “Al the Alien DEMO PUPPET”.  😉 😉 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hierarchy was my issue, I tried to apply auto blink to each eye, (causing individual blinks) instead I had to apply it to a higher folder, like head, or the root folder to get the blinking synced.   Thanks for summarizing for us.  Now to get the eyballs to be symmetrically moving. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines