• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import to LR from PSE 14

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop Elements for a long time and am thinking of migrating to Lightroom.

But I cannot get LR to import the existing PSE 14 catalog. It starts the process, but fails on step 1 of 3 - preparing catalog. The progress bar moves along to 8.3% and then it just cancels with nothing imported.

I have too many photos in the existing catalog for not importing to be an option. I have tried running a catalog repair from PSE, but no problems were found. I also tried optimizing in case that helped, but still no luck. It always fails at the same place.

Is there a step that I'm missing, something I need to do to "prepare" the catalog for import, or some other trick to making it work? I'm on the trial at the moment but don't want to start a subscription if it won't actually import for me!

I'm running all the above on Windows 10, and each program is up to date with updates and patches. Any help would be really appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I cannot get LR to import the existing PSE 14 catalog. It starts the process, but fails on step 1 of 3 - preparing catalog. The progress bar moves along to 8.3% and then it just cancels with nothing imported.

Please explain in detail the steps you followed to get to this point.

What version NUMBER of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR version says 2015.7 release. When the program launches it automatically offers a dialog to import from PSE, but I can also trigger the process manually from File > Import a Photoshop Elements Catalog....

Either way leads to the same import process. LR automatically proposes the PSE catalog, starts stage 1 of 3, and falls over at 8.3%.

I have checked there are no disconnected files in the PSE catalog, I've run a repair (no problems were found), and I've also run an optimisation.

The process doesn't fail with any errors, the dialog simply closes itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines