Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrap not staying with anchored object

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with an Indesign file.

I have an odd situation where I have anchored an object and wrapped text around it, but now when I move the anchored object (or even remove it), the text is still wrapping around the area where the object used to be.

Any idea how to remove that ghost wrapping, or even see where it's coming from?

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 12.01.13 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Hi.

Just a guess... did you duplicate your text layer in order to have a layer with English text and one with French text?

In that case, the images placed on the English hidden layer may cause the wrapping.

However, I do not understand why turning Text wrap off would have no effect then...

Regards

Vinny

Ps  il a l'air cool ce jeu, mais il y a des fautes d'orthographe 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try selecting the frame, turning Text Wrap off, and then back on? Does the text reflow when it is turned off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn off text wrapping, it allows the text currently wrapped around the image to go over/under the image, but it does not affect the wrapping around where the image used to be.

I've also tried removing all of that text to see if the text itself had something to do with it. Even deleting all of the paragraphs around it, that wrapping remains when I add new text in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's something else, and not text wrap on that image. Can you post a screen shot with text symbols showing, the Selection tool active and then clicking Edit > Select all? Hopefully we can find the problem. (And it could be text wrap from an object on the master page.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's are three screenshots with everything as requested. I doubt that it's related to the master page, because I have several pages in the document based on the same master page, but it's not always the same part of the page that has this wrapping issue. (There are a few pages that have these wrapping issues, always based on the prior location of the image. I'm replacing the prior English text with French text, and since the length of the text is different, the images are moving from their prior locations.)

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 1.14.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 1.14.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 1.08.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Just a guess... did you duplicate your text layer in order to have a layer with English text and one with French text?

In that case, the images placed on the English hidden layer may cause the wrapping.

However, I do not understand why turning Text wrap off would have no effect then...

Regards

Vinny

Ps  il a l'air cool ce jeu, mais il y a des fautes d'orthographe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are brilliant! It wasn't a separate layer for the language, but my graphic designer had created a separate converted text layer to send the English version to press, and even though that converted layer was not visible, it was causing the wrapping.

Thank you both so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your designer wasn't accurate enough. There's an option to exclude such unwanted effects:

LayerOptions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines