• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Open Recent" is frequently cleared

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have XD (Beta) on my Macbook Pro. Most times I open XD, my "Open Recent" menu is completely cleared out and the splash screen doesn't show my recently opened files. It's very inconvenient.

Don't know if this is a bug because XD is still in Beta, or if I need to delete and replace a preference file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Try the suggestion from this url xcode - mac osx recent items even if i change it from the preferences like 5 it resets it to none again - Stack Overflow

i.e. `rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.recentitems.plist` and restart your mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your System Preferences? I had seen someone experienced something similar to you and "Recent items" dropdown list in General Preferences page was set to "None" on his Macbook Pro. Please let us know if this is the case for you.

Thanks,

-Raymond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set to None, but after changing it it seems to have had no effect on XD. Though now I'm seeing that after changing it and going back to General preferences the drop down has automatically changed back to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird that it gets reset to none, but I can assure you that XD is not doing any setting change. It must be something else on your OS. BTW, which OS version do you have? And try to restart your machine and see your change in there stay put after restart.

HTH!

-Raymond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El Capitan 10.11.6

I'll try restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the suggestion from this url xcode - mac osx recent items even if i change it from the preferences like 5 it resets it to none ag...

i.e. `rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.recentitems.plist` and restart your mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the instructions and restarted. My recent files now show up and the General preferences no longer defaults to None.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone's seeing this and your System Preferences > General > Recent Items preference is not set to "None," another thing you can try is running this command in Terminal:

killall sharedfilelistd

And then just relaunch whatever app is missing its recent files list.  No need to restart your whole computer.  My 10.11 Mac has this problem sometimes in XD, TextEdit, and other apps, and this fix works for me almost every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines