Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Adjustment layers with transparency not happening

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've created a lower third with text for a series of videos. I use an adjustment later with a gaussian blur on it behind the text which looks great and give a frosted glass appearance as well as making the text stand out nicely. My problem is exporting the file using transparency (RGB+alpha and Apple ProRes4444) so I can then place it over the video in Premiere. The adjustment layer doesn't appear after the export. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

When you render a video out of After Effects, it becomes just that - a video. So, things like adjustment layers are null and void; there are no layers anymore once it's been rendered.

There are several ways to make lovely blurs in a lower third. You could replace just sections of those shots with an AE comp in which you create the lower third. You could do the blurring in Premiere (using a mask in Premiere or a track matte you create with AE). You could import your full project into AE to do the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try to understand. This adjustment layer...is it trying to blur footage that's underneath it in Premiere? Adjustment layers won't work once they've been rendered to a video file. Now, if you're saying that the adjustment layer isn't blurring something that's inside AE, that's another question entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your reply Szalam. I am a video producer and editor - not really an after effects guy. I do what I can.

Yes it is trying to blur footage that's underneath it in Premiere.

If I have the footage in AE it blurs it fine.

I'm just not sure my best method of doing this. Maybe I should chose my clip in premiere and replace with after effects comp and go from there? But then I still need to import my lower third assets.

thanks again.

geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you render a video out of After Effects, it becomes just that - a video. So, things like adjustment layers are null and void; there are no layers anymore once it's been rendered.

There are several ways to make lovely blurs in a lower third. You could replace just sections of those shots with an AE comp in which you create the lower third. You could do the blurring in Premiere (using a mask in Premiere or a track matte you create with AE). You could import your full project into AE to do the lower thirds over it (this seems like the least-ideal, but it could be done).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fantastic. Thank you Szalam. I appreciate your time. This has answered my question.

cheers

geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines