• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H1 tag on home page headline

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add H1 tags (and H2, H3, and p tags) to all my non-home pages, they all work correctly.

But when I add an H1 tag to the main large headline on my home page something very strange happens: When I preview the page in Chrome, the font doubles in size. When I change the tag to a p tag, it renders correctly.

If it's relevant at all, I am assigning tags with the drop-down menu in the Text window.

Please advise. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Hello Preran, I took out all the tags on the page and re-did them. It seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on many factors and vary from CMS scripts to scripts like Joomla, WordPress, etc.

First you should mention that what kind of CMS are you using on your site. Is it a static or dynamic website?

Moreover, this H1 tag issue may be happening due to custom CSS you might have setup wrongly only for homepage. Sometimes the custom homepage css starts with .homepage or .index. You should check and validate every css code on your site.

If you're using WordPress, you may probably want to check out these WordPress blog tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Muse. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this issue specific to Chrome, or are you able to reproduce this issue on other browsers as well?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Preran, I took out all the tags on the page and re-did them. It seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. Thank you for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines