• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online Features

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using the "Publish Online" feature to publish an online version of a print catalog that I've created. My first question is how I can get the pages of a spread counted as separate pages? My catalog is 92 pages long, but it's published as 47 pages because it's considering each spread as one page. I want it displayed as a spread but I want each numbered page to be counted as such. My second question, is there any way that users can search the text of the online document? I can't seem to find this feature on my published document even though such features are generally so common in online publishing tools. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's considering each spread as one page

Does this make the difference? In the General tab of the Publish Online dialog box:

• Single: Displays a single page at a time in the web browser
  • Spreads: Displays two pages at a time in the web browser.

is there any way that users can search the text of the online document

The file is being viewed in a web browser. You can use the browser's Find command, but that will only search the current page. I don't know any way to search the entire document at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know to do a search is to use the Include a PDF version option, and search the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking Bob Levine recently stated "stay away from the PDF version on Publish Online" on another thread, but I don't recall that he stated why. Do you know, Steve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offhand, I don't know why he'd say that. It can only be a print PDF (not interactive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That option between displaying single and displaying spread only affects how it appears. I want my document to appear as a spread, but I want the pages to be numbered the same way the pagination is set up in indesign.  So if you had the print catalog, what is listed as page 83 in the catalog would still be page 83 on the online version. This is so strange, because both indesign and acrobat recognize pages that are displayed in a spread as their own numbered pages so I'm not sure why the publish online version combines them into one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines