• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't my Indesign CS4 open another InDesign file made with CS4?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign CS4 not opening another CS4 file. Says upgrade the plug-ins or get new version.

I've downloaded the latest version of plug-ins. (Maybe not correctly...) restarted my mac

and still get the same error message.

Anyone out there -- can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is indicative of a file created in a later version of InDesign. We get reports like this often from folks that swear it’s not possible but it turned out to be true.

If you want to post one of the files on dropbox and give us a link someone can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your response. I'm hesitant to put a file in drop box -- it's a multipage wholesale catalog of jewelry.

I wanted to look at the files to see if I wanted the job or not, so not really mine to share at this point.

I think my best bet would be to subscribe to the monthly InDesign program and be always current.

Appreciate your quick response.

Cheers

Marlene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, what made you think it was a CS4 file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines