• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need EPS format - Licensed an AI/EPS image - Setting Change?

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I signed up for adobe stock with the understanding that items were EPS files, as well as, AI files.  I do not want to utilize AI and use an open source program.  What I have done is downloaded product on here as AI.  I cannot open these items.  Is there a setting that I can change or can you mark my account as only EPS?

How do I get all the EPS versions of the items already downloaded and prevent this from happening in the future.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

For images that state type as AI/EPS means: they are basic Illustrator/Vector files and also have EPS type embedded in it. That is: you can use this file type (EPS) and open in Photoshop- in this case this won't be considered a vector file. But if the need is for a vector (.ai) only then Illustrator is the key product to be used. Therefore we see it as AI/EPS.

If you have any 3rd party software- not Photoshop/Illustrator, to operate on EPS files then Adobe doesn't guarantee any successful working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kikboxr7777,

Please refer the screenshot below to filter the EPS files. The files would be be AI/EPS and not only EPS.

Unfortunately this is the only option available. Select VECTORS and click update.

Hope this helps !

vector.PNG

For any other information, kindly Contact Customer Care.

Feel free to update the thread for any other queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kankikas100,

thanks for the reply.  I knew how to filter them to get vector files.  Each one I have done this with show "AI/EPS" as the file type.  I do not use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.  Why do you have it listed as "AI/EPS" when I do not have the option to download an EPS.  Why not have it listed as AI only then I would know that it is an Illustrator file and not an EPS file which is what I need.  Do you have any REAL EPS files or are they all downloaded only as an AI file?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For images that state type as AI/EPS means: they are basic Illustrator/Vector files and also have EPS type embedded in it. That is: you can use this file type (EPS) and open in Photoshop- in this case this won't be considered a vector file. But if the need is for a vector (.ai) only then Illustrator is the key product to be used. Therefore we see it as AI/EPS.

If you have any 3rd party software- not Photoshop/Illustrator, to operate on EPS files then Adobe doesn't guarantee any successful working operation of files.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but if you downloaded each separately Ai    AND    EPS there would be much better chance people not using Adobe products could open and use them simply and cleanly.  Sorry the cynical side of me says this is some marketing/sales type at adobe scheming how to make more people have to buy/use expensive adobe products they don't want or need, just to get the EPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

We are sorry to hear that you unhappy with the information shared in the above response- at Adobe we aim at providing the best solution and service to our esteemed customers. As a consumer, you can definitely use the solution that is most viable as per your needs, however, the information shared above is based on the product that we support only and hence informed that we will not be able to guarantee the success is any 3rd party application is used.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes and so the problem continuesyears later! I pay for Photoshop and Adobe Stock I do not use or need Illustrator however I would like the option to download EPS or  SVG files to access layers. I refuse to pay a fortune to add illustrator to my stable to do only that.

I agree that it's a sly marketing tool to force me into paying for somethng I don't need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started