Exit

Strokes are changing the sizes of my object - cc 2017

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

As it says in the header.

e.g. I have a 4mm circle, I apply a 1pt stroke and it changes the circles size to 4,353mm.

How do I set this so that no matter the size of the stroke, the circle stays at 4mm.

(I already know I've put a Xpt size on my circle, I don't wanna know what the overall size is)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Ok!

I have an answer. Open menu Window - Object and layout - Transform - menu of palette -  uncheck "dimensions include stroke weight"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-12-07_13-15-43.png

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not incorrect but not what I was hoping for, that does exactly what I'd want but this is a setting of some sort. My old CS6 has the stroked aligned to the centre with no change in object size. I used to work on an iMac with the same version of CS6 and it was giving me this problem, drove me nuts!

Thanks though George.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok!

I have an answer. Open menu Window - Object and layout - Transform - menu of palette -  uncheck "dimensions include stroke weight"

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing! That was it I can't thank you enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-12-07_13-57-26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines