Exit

After Effects CC 2015.3 expression Error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, need your help.

After reinstallation AE a have a troubles wit expressions. For example:

I have applied "Fill"effect and trying to parent it into the Color Control layer with "color control" effect and then I got this message:"an expression was disabled as a result of an error. "

I did it thousand times before, and everything was great. How to fix it?

After Effects CC 2015.3

macOS Sierra,

Expression:

thisLayer("Effects")("Fill")(3)+thisComp.layer("

Color Control")("Effects")("Color Control")("Color")

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.08.28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

If you renamed a layer then the a line feed was added to the name and this fouls up the expression. You have to go into the expression and manually delete the line feed and also rename the layer again but this time when you press Enter to start the renaming, you hit the delete key twice just to make sure and then type in the new name.

This bug is fixed in the latest Mac update of CC 2017 but still effects earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc2015.3 is mildly buggy when it comes to Sierra. See here for possible workarounds or us CC2017 to be done with it: Re: Renaming Comps is acting weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about CC 2014? Is it work fine with Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not on Mac to tesr it but my guess would be that you will have the same issue on CC2014. If you can install CC2014 this means you are a CC subscriber and can install CC2017 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you renamed a layer then the a line feed was added to the name and this fouls up the expression. You have to go into the expression and manually delete the line feed and also rename the layer again but this time when you press Enter to start the renaming, you hit the delete key twice just to make sure and then type in the new name.

This bug is fixed in the latest Mac update of CC 2017 but still effects earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines