• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor Calibration created issues with my lightroom coloring

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - please help if you know anything about this.  I calibrated my computer screen, per the advice of others in a different group.  When I did this, the coloring in lightroom became extremely saturated and yellowish and it is very difficult to edit photos because the colors don't match my computer screen anymore.  Since this was so awkward and uncomfortable, I figured out how to remove the display profile I had created with the calibration, and restored my monitor settings to the original.  So, my monitor is restored and looks fine; however, lightroom didn't restore to original color settings and is still highly saturated.  I am unable to edit photos and I'm under some holiday deadlines.

Any idea how to restore lightroom?  I poked around on the internet and tried control-alt-R, and shift-control-alt, and nothing works.  I was told to restart and it should be restored, but it isn't.  Please help if you know how to correct this issue in LR.  I would really appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen capture of an example so we can see the problem? Since you say things are highly saturated, make sure the screen capture shows clearly the saturation slider.

How did you calibrate your monitor? Exactly what hardware was used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm at work right now, and am not near my home computer to show you these horrific results in my LR program.  What I can tell you is that it affects all photos in my LR catalogs, this includes all photos that have been edited and all that haven't.  It's just a "blanket" hue that is affecting LR in general. 

I used color munki display to calibrate my monitor.  As I said above, I was able to restore my computer display so everything else that I view on my monitor is normal.  It's just LR that is "off".  There's just a yellowish tinge on everything within LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a side note, I did not change any of the sliders or anything with saturation; it's just something that happened to the entire program ever since I did the calibration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get home, please tell us the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Go to Help->System Info and report what version number is shown there.

Please state the exact version number of your operating system.

As a side note, I did not change any of the sliders or anything with saturation; it's just something that happened to the entire program ever since I did the calibration.

Still, we need to see that the saturation slider is at zero in your screen capture.

In fact, also show us the history panel, so we can be sure you haven't accidentally applied a preset to your photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do - thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom version is:  5.2 (922700)

Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Version 6.1

The photos are normal when viewed in my picture folder in my computer.  But when I view them in Windows live photo gallery or lightroom, they are highly saturated, yellow and dark. 

Top pic is zoomed in, in LR to show you the color issues.  The bottom is the same photo in my picture folder on my computer.

Please help!

LR version.JPG

pic folder version.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So give us some more details.

Can we see the History panel from Lightroom's Develop Module, so we can be sure no presets have been applied?

Is the photo outside of Lightroom the unedited photo, or the exported and edited photo, or neither?

Also, describe the workflow that you used to get to this point.

Also, is the original photo RAW or JPG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo from outside of lightroom was SOOC, no edits.  It was simply uploaded to the folder in my computer and then I imported it to LR.  I don't know why it came across so fuzzy.

I stayed up last night trying to poke around and I believe I have fixed it.  I went into my color management folder within "my computer" settings.  The box was checked to "use my profile", which I believe referred to the profile I created from my calibration, so I unchecked the box and it defaulted to the computer's original color profile.  then I did a restart, and when I went back into LR, it was normal again!  Meaning my LR and my pictures in my computer folders matched.  There was no more yellow lighting or saturation.

So, my issue has been corrected; however, I'm still a little stumped as to why the calibration didn't work out like it was supposed to.  Could it have been that I did it at nighttime, and it was reading the ambient lighting incorrectly because it was reading off of tungsten light?  That's the only thing I can think of that would have altered the calibration.  Perhaps you get a more accurate result when you do it during the daytime with more natural lighting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also - the image was a jpeg.  I haven't gotten around to shooting in RAW yet, but I think I'm going to start!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines