• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mini Table of Contents all throughout manual

Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have also posted this in the "Printed Documentation" section. Sorry if that breaks a rule but Im not too sure where it belongs...

I am writing a user manual (obviouslly), and would like to be able to accomplish the following in my printed PDF Doc.

Robohelp has created my master TOC which is very nice. It dynamically displays the page number, and also allows you to click on a a section, and it jumps to it. However, within the body of my manual, I have sort of "mini table of contents". For example, it will read:

Contents of this section:
Accomplishing Task 1
Accomplishing Task 2
Accomplishing Task 3

I want to be able to link the items in the "mini TOC" to page numbers. Obviouslly I can setup up hyperlinks to bookmarks, but I want to be able to dynamically print page numbers and have the "hyperlink like" capabilities to it, as the master TOC has. Keep in mind, I am not talking about the main table of contents. I want these mini TOC's to be all throughout the manual. For example, I want it to read:

Contents of this section:
Accomplishing Task 1........page 6
Accomplishing Task 2 .......page 8
Accomplishing Task 3........page 12

You should be able to click on those topics, and the page numbers should be determined by RH.

Any takers?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008
This is the answer. amazing. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2008 Jul 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help?

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/word/word_macros.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems like it can work very well. thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is the answer. amazing. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp