• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio drags

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio in a project slows-down/drags at certain sections--particularly when there is a lot going on with animations at the same time. I lowered the resolution, and that seems to help a little, but not completely. I produced a more complicated project a while back with no dragging like this. The audio is a simple narration track. It was in there as a wav first, and I converted it to an mp3 with no change. I don't see what else I can do to help. Any suggestions?

AE Version 14.0.1.5 on Win 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you experiencing this issue after the relevant section has been cached or are you just playing back without caching first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the info panel indicate that you're playing back not in real time?

What happens if you tick the "Mute audio when playback isn't realtime" option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the not real time indications comes and goes.

When I choose the mute option, lots of muting happens. In other words, it works. Audio is muted during those sections. But that doesn't help me. I need to hear the audio then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you have previews that are fully cached and yet they're falling out of real time during playback?

That sounds annoying for sure.

I don't know what to suggest. I haven't had an issue like this happen to me. It's pretty rare on Windows, but I've heard of others with the problem. What, exactly is in your composition in the times when the problem is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the effort to help. The composition is primarily several layers each of which contains several illustrator files that are being moved around on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try to uncheck the "hardware accelerate...panels" option in Preferences>Display to see if it makes a difference.

If that doesn't help, you might also checking the "Reduce cache size when system is low..." option in Preferences>Memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't help either I'm afraid. I'll just get by with rendering sections for now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is the section you were trying to preview? What are your system specs? (For the record, you're likely to have fewer problems with the WAV than an MP3.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sections are just 5 to 10 seconds or so.

Win 10, 64 bit

i7-465OU processor

8 GB RAM (not much, I know, but has worked pretty well before)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be able to preview a few seconds just fine once it caches the preview.

What resolution is your monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have dual monitors, but the one I primarily use is 1920 X 1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just curious if making your timeline a lot smaller vertically (or hiding it entirely) helps out at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I never would of thought of trying that. I'm playing with it to see, but for some reason, adjusting the timeline several times seems to have caused a crash. I'll keep trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Can you paste the crash logs somewhere? What kind of crash was it? Did you get any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can find is the render log, but that's not what you want I don't think.

Adobe After Effects v14.0.1 Windows 64 render log for project “Adjusted Scores (converted).aep”

Rendering started on 12/8/2016 at 5:14:26 PM

12/8/2016 5:14:26 PM: Starting composition “Opening”.

Output To: C:\Users\David\Google Drive\Videos\Steve Tech Videos\Opening.avi

After Effects warning: Failed to write XMP metadata

12/8/2016 5:19:03 PM: Finished composition “Opening”.

Total Time Elapsed: 4 Min, 28 Sec

Log closed on 12/8/2016 at 5:19:04 PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David P,

After Effects warning: Failed to write XMP metadata

My former colleague, Todd Kopriva stated, "XMP metadata can be written into media files or into sidecar files alongside the media files. If After Effects can't write this metadata, then you get that message. The most common cause is because of permissions---either the file or the folder is set to read-only."

I hope this is helpful

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an experiment, disable any anti-virus/malware software you may have running.  By disable, I mean close down the anti-virus/malware application, don't just switch off the protection features.  Does that make a difference?

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines