• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faded look in some of my pictures in the sky

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture looks good in the develop module and when you get ready to export them you can see something that looks like the picture has water damage to it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Quality setting is part of the JPEG options in the export dialog. Another thing that can cause this banding is if you have tried to adjust the sky a little too aggressively.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you seing this in the Library e.g. on tumbnails or in loupe view?

Do the files actually export correctly into a folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see it when you go to Library from the Develop module and you can see it when you post the pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try a test export to a folder and then open the image using your computer operating system. If you are uploading to a website the host server may be using compression. Or check your export quality setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I post them on FB and Flickr and on the pictures that have that look its on both pages when I post them. You can see it when you switch from the Develop module to Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add a screen grab to a reply or post a link to one of the affected images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

untitled-31.jpguntitled-29.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these before or after the PSP edit? These aren't the same photo, you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know their not the same photo. they have been edited in Lightroom 6. Can you see the uneven color in the sky? Some photos have even color and some turn out like this. You can even see the uneven color in some pictures with clouds. When I'm editing them the color is very even and when I switch back to Library you can see it change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then can you please show us the image as it appears in the Library Module and the same image as it appears in the Develop Module? Are these JPG originals, or RAW originals?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are Raw images. That is an image exported out of Library. I'm not very good with this stuff and don't know how to show you one in  Develop. I don't know how to export it from there. All I know is you can see it clear up when you go to Develop. I just looked at one with clouds and fog and it looks bad and once you click Develop it clears right up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you need to post clips of the SAME photo of the RAW before any edits, after edits in the develop module, and after export.

What are your export settings?  You have BANDING in the sky.  In export change the Quality level to 90 or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I figure out how to do this I will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quality setting is part of the JPEG options in the export dialog. Another thing that can cause this banding is if you have tried to adjust the sky a little too aggressively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks,I went back and changed the quality level to 90 and decreased the amount of minus in the highlights and it looks a lot better. I appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines