• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export parameters for a plugin not consistent

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the current LR CC (2015.7), (on a Mac), and just installed Helicon Focus (HF) Pro.  HF can take in RAW files directly from LR and return the result in DNG. Nice feature.

If I use the large Export button in the lower left corner to start the export process, I can select Helicon Focus and adjust the export parameters including file type.  To send RAW files to HF the file type must be changed here.  I use "Original" and uncheck Rename.  (Default is Rename checked and file type TIF).

The export sends my RAW files to HF and life is good.  If I wish to do another set and use the same Export sequence from my previous settings, RAW and not renaming are still in place. (I have not figured out how to make my changes the new default).  Export works fine, as before.

If I start a new selection of images in LR, but instead right click, choose export,and pick Helicon Focus from the expanded pop up  list, the files are sent to HF as TIF!  This seems to me the definition of a bug.  If I go back to the large export button the Export manager window with HF settings is still set to my preferred settings.  Shouldn't both exports produce the same behavior? Why can't I save my HF parameters in the Export window?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

What happens if you choose the option in the expanded list to "Export with previous"? If your previous export was set up properly and the way you want it then subsequent exports will use the same settings if you haven't changed them for what you want. As far as making settings default is concerned, you set up everything the way you want it and then save a preset. Then you choose that preset whenever you want those specific settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you choose the option in the expanded list to "Export with previous"? If your previous export was set up properly and the way you want it then subsequent exports will use the same settings if you haven't changed them for what you want. As far as making settings default is concerned, you set up everything the way you want it and then save a preset. Then you choose that preset whenever you want those specific settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no bug.  Here's what appears to be going on:

The Helicon Focus software installed an Export preset called "Helicon Focus".  That preset's settings have Image Format: TIFF and a Rename To: setting. 

When you right-click a selection of photos and do Export > Helicon Focus, you're selecting the Helicon Focus preset with its settings (TIFF, rename).  Every time you export with the Helicon Focus preset, the export will use its settings.

When you use the Export.. button (or if you do Export > Export...), you get the chance to select a preset and then override its settings for the current export (as you've been doing).  But those changes you made aren't by default saved back to the Helicon Focus preset, and the next time you select the preset for export, you'll get its original settings (TIFF, rename).

If you want to change the Helicon Focus preset permanently, click the Export... button, select the Helicon Focus preset, and make the changes to the settings.  Then in the left Preset: column, right-click Helicon Focus and click Update With Current Settings.  You've now permanently changed the Helicon Focus preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Jim and John.  Jim, you are correct that choosing "export with previous" from the context export list DOES use the settings I changed in the HF Export Parameters, where as using the listed HF Export goes back to the TIF default.  I had not thought to try that choice.

I tired repeatedly to save current settings as the default, but for an "installed" preset saving settings is not an option.  Only User Presets can update to current settings.  So... I just saved my preferred settings as a new User Preset and called it Helicon Export RAW... and it works!  Also shows up in my context export list which allows me to work as I am accustomed.

Not sure if this is what you both were trying to tell me, but it got me to the answer.

Thanks very much!  Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also want to try John's idea of choosing the HF export plug-in and then making the changes that you want to it. Then right-click on the plug-in option in the export module and update  it to the current settings. That way you should be able to just choose the HF plug-in from the right-click menu even if  it wasn't the one previously used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, as I mentioned above it does not appear to be possible to update plugin presets "to current settings". Only choices are "New Folder or Export". I did not try the "Export"option.

But it I was able to save the settings to a user preset, as I said, and that preset works and shows up in my export list.  No longer a problem .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried repeatedly to save current settings as the default, but for an "installed" preset saving settings is not an option. Only User Presets can update to current settings.

Right.  I never tried updating the settings of a preset predefined by a plugin before, but I guess it makes sense not to let the user change it.

I just saved my preferred settings as a new User Preset and called it Helicon Export RAW... and it works! Also shows up in my context export list which allows me to work as I am accustomed.

That's the best way to solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right, John. All good now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines