• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using earlier Premiere Elements version in a newer version

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is if you can open a project file that you used with Premiere Elements 11 or 12 with the newer Premiere Elements 15 version. Can you do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, maybe not.  Adobe does not try to maintain a retroactive capability.  If it is a simple project with few transitions, effects, soundtracks, etc., it may work.  

That is the bad news.  The good news is that there is no reason to uninstall old versions.  They will run side by side with new versions.  So, you can keep your old versions to maintain your old projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend against trying to open an older project in a newer version of the program. Some newer versions of the program can do it to some extent -- but when it DOESN'T work, it can completely corrupt your project file!

As Bill says, the wisest move is to finish your work in the same version you started it in. But, if you do want to try opening it in a newer version of the program, make sure you save a copy of the project file so you'll have it in case something goes awry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a follow-on question. If you have archived the project with the applicable command in an earlier version of PRE than the current one, are the cautions and likelihood for success the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don26812 wrote:

I have a follow-on question. If you have archived the project with the applicable command in an earlier version of PRE than the current one, are the cautions and likelihood for success the same?

Yes, the risks are the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines