Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy & paste parented layer in same location

Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got a layer(layer 2) that is parented to a null(layer 2) thats animated.

When I copy layer 2 and paste it, its now in a completely new position. One thing I noticed that the file I pasted is not parented to that null.

How do I copy and paste a layer thats parented and keep its exact position and keeping the parented position. Even when I re-parent it, its just parenting it in its new location.

Please help, I really appreciate anyones input. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016
How do I copy and paste a layer thats parented and keep its exact position and keeping the parented position. Even when I re-parent it, its just parenting it in its new location.

in Ae you usually duplicate items. that's not the same as copy pasting. try it - Ctrl/Cmd + D and stay in touch with your parents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in Ae you usually duplicate items. that's not the same as copy pasting. try it - Ctrl/Cmd + D and stay in touch with your parents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines