• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2017: how do I select multiple images in split view

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a some HTML tables with images in them in code view on the left side and I see the images on the right in design view. Now I would like to click on one of those images to select it, then shift+click on another image a few rows down so that those 2 and all the images in between are selected. By doing so I would then be able to add a link (the same link) to all those images in one shot. Do I have to set this up somewhere in the new dreamweaver?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

I think I see what's going on now and have figured out how to work around this. What I'm use to doing is R+Clicking on one image, then holding down SHIFT while R+Clicking on another image to select all rows in that range. This no longer works - at least not for me. Turns out, all I need to do is R+Click a 2nd time on the 2nd image, then all the rows in that range will be selected. Also worth noting: I can't Double R+Click while holding down SHIFT on the second image; I actually need to pause bef

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to set this up somewhere in the new dreamweaver?

I did not realise that the 'new' Dreamweaver was any different to the 'old' Dreamweaver in this regard. All you need to do is to highlight the column and link using your preferred method

Incidentally, what happened to

No - I did it the old fashioned way, without dreamweaver. If I'm handed off work that needs to be done asap, I'm certainly not going to slow down the business debugging DW17 for Adobe.

I just did my work in notepad++ instead.

Perhaps you should get to know Dreamweaver a bit better.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my question? I'm not asking about highlighting an entire column. I'm asking about highlighting subsequent rows within a column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read your question and the same principle applies. I have unmarked my answer as being 'answered' until you have found the solution. Please see below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reference to my original question - clicking on one image, then another to select those table rows and all in between. Most of the time it doesn't work. Then there are instances where I can only do it if I first select an image further down then select an image in a row above it, but not if I select an image in a lower row as my second image. Usually what happens when I select the second image is that that will be the only row that remains selected, instead of the desired result which is to have all of the images selected.

Am I really the only person having this problem since the DW17 upgrade? If so I think I need to track down my IT guy and have him do a clean reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first move, check your code for errors The W3C Markup Validation Service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are professional emails that are intended to be deployed through the Salesforce marketing app. They have elements that will not validate, plus AMPscript. Also, like I mentioned, this was never an issue before DW17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I see what's going on now and have figured out how to work around this. What I'm use to doing is R+Clicking on one image, then holding down SHIFT while R+Clicking on another image to select all rows in that range. This no longer works - at least not for me. Turns out, all I need to do is R+Click a 2nd time on the 2nd image, then all the rows in that range will be selected. Also worth noting: I can't Double R+Click while holding down SHIFT on the second image; I actually need to pause before the second click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback, this should help others, and glad your problem has been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. There are some other issues I'm related to this but I might start a different topic in regard to any of those.

I'll mark the above as correct since this will most likely work for anyone having this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines