• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I set my settings

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I start indesign and when it opens its like nothing is their but the page then i gotta go into windows to view layers and tools how do I just save it to when I always open indesign I dont have to keep doing that? Also does anyone know how to make the letters I cant seem to change that on the type characters all it wants to do is stay regular thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do changes in your settings without opened any indd, than close InDesign and open.

For redefine paragraph style by default you need to redefine your "basic paragraph"

2016-12-06_9-32-08.png

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could make up an InDesign document as you like, adding layers, adding paragraph styles, character styles, object styles.

Save that as a template document or rename an already set up InDesign document from *.indd to *indt.

Now you can work on with the *.indt file.

When opened it will open as "Unnamed-n" document. Where "n" stands for a number.

I would never change the "[Basic Paragraph]" style. Not when no document is open, not when a document is open.
I would always create new styles. And would not base them on the "[Basic Paragraph]" but always on the "[No Paragraph Style]".

Why? Sometime in the future you have to work with client files that do not confirm with your new, personal standard.
You will get into trouble if you copy/paste things between your own documents and the client's one. And vice versa.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok all sounds well then how do I keep that settings as my default cause it clearly isnt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your first question.. use workspace

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.16.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose 'Essentials' as a workspace and then select 'Reset Essentials' from the drop down menu, the layers and tools as well as other panels will appear. Each time you launch InDesign, Essentials will be the workspace you will be working in.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 09.57.04.png

If you need to add other panels to your workspace, you can then create a new Workspace and name it as you wish.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.00.08.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 09.57.51.png

It will appear int he top right of your screen

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 09.58.09.png

And you will also have an option to Reset shirazs78655371 anytime or if you wish to add more panels and update your workspace just click New Workspace and select shirazs78955371 from the drop down menu and replace it with the updated version.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.03.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In reply to the second part of your question

"Also does anyone know how to make the letters I can't seem to change that on the type characters all it wants to do is stay regular . . ."

Most fonts have different typestyles which can be selected from the control panel  or

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.07.54.png

from the Type Menu

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.08.18.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.08.37.png

Character Panel. These show you the options you have for different styles of the same font. However some fonts don't have the same options and may only one style, such as Madre Script which only have italic as a style option.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.21.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines