• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitions Apply to Entire Project

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to self help on this but I failed.

I added a Dip to Black transition to my entire project, like 40 video clips.  I just wanted a smooth transition between clips.  I played the movie and its like the transitions are not there.  I see the duration is set to only 1 second.  That may be too short.

How can I apply a longer duration to all transitions at once so I don't have to do all one at a time.

If I don't like this transition, how to I select all the transitions at once and delete them.  I can't see to find this.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 second should be plenty long to see. That's pretty standard for transitions. But if you don't like it, you can set the default transition length in the program's preferences.

I don't know why you don't see the transitions. It may have something to do with the nature of your footage, but you haven't given us enough information to give any clues. Can you post a segment of your movie to YouTube and then link to it so we can see what you're seeing (or not seeing)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve!  Before I post to youtube, let me try again.  How to I select the delete all these transitions and I will start over.  How do I do a global select then delete of just the transitions..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its wierd.  I increased the duration of one transition Dip to Black, from 1 to 10 seconds and it make no difference.  Its like there is no transition between clips.  I did pick a difference transition, one that spins the screen around between clips, that worked, except I don't want to use this one.

Need to know how to remove all transitions on a global basis and start over.   Can seem to find the keyboard short cuts to make this happen.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no global remove for transitions. You'll need to either remove them manually of batch overwrite them with another transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines