• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online interactive PDF. Hyperlinks to new browser tab ?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All.

New to the forum... hope you can help.

I have created an interactive pdf in IDCS6 and then uploaded to be viewed online.

The document contains hyperlinks which I need to open up in a new browser window when clicked.

But at the moment they load the page within the same window. forcing the viewer to go back and forth to the pdf document.

This may be something quite obvious but I cant seem to figure this one out.

Hope you can help

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Nope, you don't miss something obvious... this feature just doesn't exist in Indesign.

Sorry...

you may have a look here for further information:

specify target in URLs for buttons or hyperlink settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks vinny.

Not what I wanted to hear.

such is life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CC 2017 It does this for me.  When i click on the Link it opens a different Tab. and Every time you click the link it does what you want opens a different Tab every Click.  Maybe its a limitation in CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. I don't think, that something changed on that behavior in the last years.

Just tested that with InDesign CC 2017, exported to Interactive PDF and opened with Firefox' PDF reader.

OSX 10.10.5, Firefox 50.0.2.

No new tab will be opened, If I simply click a link.

However I can right-click and have the option to open a new tab in the browser.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Dont have video record capability.  But the Word HELP is The button when i click it i have it set to Amazon.com.  Every time i click it it opens a new tab.  I might be misreading the question.  However i'm also viewing the PDF in Acrobat and not straight off the internet.  However i would assume that it would have the same result.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.31.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.31.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.31.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.31.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i see the problem now.  If you open it in the browser itself it does act different.  It does not open a different window each time.  Also My firefox wont work with the Interactive DOC but Chrome will.  IF i'm not mistaken Interactive documents are kinda hit and miss when published on the web.  Sometimes they work and other times they dont. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note:

If a link or a button is clicked in a PDF opened with Adobe Reader Desktop:

The browser's preferences can change the behavior from "open in new window" to "open in new tab".

And there are browser plug-ins like "Tab Mix Plus" for Firefox where you can do additional controls for links that were triggered from external apps like Adobe Reader etc.pp.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines