• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data Merge

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello; i have a problem with data merge in Indesign, I have a document of 12500 records in excel, when i create (export) a pdf file from the menu with multiple records per page, a 133 pages PDF document is created., every fine up here.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 08.27.32.png

The problem is that all pages are the same as the first, each page has 96 records.

I appreciate the help given

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 08.32.05.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Ah. You directly exported a PDF from datamerge without saving an InDesign file with the merged content, aren't you?

I'd say you discovered a bug. The obvious solution then is to save an InDesign document first with the merged results and export to PDF from that.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to preview merge result prior to export ? Did you try creating the indesign files ? You need to identify where things go dirty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for aswer, in the preview everything looks perfect, each page contains different values, even when i create the Indesign files everything works perfect, It is at the time of exporting a PDF file that the problem is generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your PDF viewing app?
Did you open the PDF with Adobe Reader DC?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. You directly exported a PDF from datamerge without saving an InDesign file with the merged content, aren't you?

I'd say you discovered a bug. The obvious solution then is to save an InDesign document first with the merged results and export to PDF from that.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right !!! Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is Adobe Acrobat PRO

I have an 27"Imac with 32 gb of RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines