Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't transer files from Draw to Illustrator via Mobile Creations

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having issues with transferring files from Draw to Illustrator from my iPad Pro. The files are updated in orderly fashion but when I press to open this error message opens: >> The file "image...A7A" is in a format which cannot be placed. <<

When I press OK Illustrator shuts down.

I got the latest update of Illustrator CC 2017.

I got the latest version of Creative Cloud 3.9.1.335

Appreciate the help,

Mattias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Hi Sue,

So some kind of Christmas Miracle has occurred.

In my efforts to transfer the files with Mobile Creations I fiddled alot with different ways to transfer the files. Suddenly it somehow after I sent the file to Creative Cloud as PDF it worked! I repeated the process, it worked again! Then another image, didn't work. So I wondered what was the difference, it was the Background layer!!

Basically, just by removing the background layer, Illustrator accept the format of the file.

Step by step:

1. Op

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mattias.

This is a recently-discovered bug in Illustrator CC that the team is working on resolving. A couple of things:

* Are you on a Mac (it looks like it)? My understanding was that the error message would initially appear, but the document would open immediately afterward. But your app is crashing, so I wanted to check.

* Also, this should only happen when attempting to open Draw files from the Mobile Creations tab in Illustrator. You should still be able to send your Draw work from the app to the desktop with no trouble. I know it's not as convenient, but it's a  workaround until the bug is fixed.

Will you let me know what type of computer you're on so I can let the team know.

Thanks. And I'm sorry about the hassle.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your response!

I'm on a PC, Lenovo Thinkpad. I work with Illustrator in my job so I unfortunately don't have admin permission. Though I did get the IT guys to update everything in orderly fashion.

I never actually see the document opening, it goes directly from the "download..." to the error box. When I press the OK in the box Illustrator crashes.

I haven't been able to send files directly to illustrator. Have read about how to fix it in other threads on the forum but not gotten it to work.

I could add that I've used mobile creations when transferring files previously, when I updated to CC 2017 it stopped working.

I appreciate your help on this, thanks.

Mattias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mattias.

Yes. This is a new bug with the 2017 update. Unfortunately, I know that Enterprise customers often have difficulty using the Send to Desktop function in the app, but I want to make sure that you have some way to open your work in Illustrator CC.

Can you either message me here on the forums or write through the in-app feedback (I'm always the one who responds to in-app feedback) so I can talk to you about this a little more in-depth.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

So some kind of Christmas Miracle has occurred.

In my efforts to transfer the files with Mobile Creations I fiddled alot with different ways to transfer the files. Suddenly it somehow after I sent the file to Creative Cloud as PDF it worked! I repeated the process, it worked again! Then another image, didn't work. So I wondered what was the difference, it was the Background layer!!

Basically, just by removing the background layer, Illustrator accept the format of the file.

Step by step:

1. Open project

2. Delete "Background" layer

3. Reboot Ai

4. Open document from mobile creations

Don't know the tech behind this but I hope you'll manage to solve it in some near future update.

Happy days,

Mattias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mattias.

Thanks for posting this. I've already shared it with the product team but I just saw your note in the in-app feedback and I'll respond more in-depth there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines