• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio in timeline leaves blank frames at the end of my project

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit audio in timeline, the full length of the audio clip stays in the timeline. I need help deleting the empty space after the portion of audio I am using.

2016-12-08 (2)_LI.jpg

So when I edit audio in the timeline, I use shift + D to split the layer and get rid of the portion of audio I wont be using. However, the full length of the audio clip remains in the timeline, making my final video rendition way longer after the last audible sound has stopped.When I edit audio in timeline, the full length of the audio clip stays in the timeline. I need help deleting the empty space after the portion of audio I kept.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016
So when I edit audio in the timeline, I use shift + D to split the layer and get rid of the portion of audio I wont be using. However, the full length of the audio clip remains in the timeline

you shouldn't really edit audio in After Effects. it's harder to edit and playing back than premiere (or audition) and it really does not offer much audio tools to deal with mixing. but if you do, this is how it works (for any layer that has a duration source: audio, video, pre-comps) - you see handles for

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I edit audio in the timeline, I use shift + D to split the layer and get rid of the portion of audio I wont be using. However, the full length of the audio clip remains in the timeline

you shouldn't really edit audio in After Effects. it's harder to edit and playing back than premiere (or audition) and it really does not offer much audio tools to deal with mixing. but if you do, this is how it works (for any layer that has a duration source: audio, video, pre-comps) - you see handles for the remaining length of your layer. this should not bother you. it does not render and is only there for a showing you that you actually do have more of this layer source.

making my final video rendition way longer after the last audible sound has stopped.

this is not because of the audio layers but because of your work area. just set it up according to what you want to render by dragging the handles

or using the N short cut for the eNd for your workarea at the current time indicators position.

it seems you are new to this. you should probably read this:

Selecting and arranging layers in After Effects

and this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/previewing.html#work_area

and do a few of those: After Effects tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome Buddy have fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines