• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with bookmarking

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to tell if a batch of pdfs have bookmarking in them without opening them up to look?

i need to be able to tell if a large number of pdfs have bookmarks in them in a more efficient manner than opening each one individually, so i'm hoping that there is a way to determine this with an automated process.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using an Action in Acrobat Pro, but it will still open each file...

If you really want to do it without actually displaying the files on the screen then it can be done using a stand-alone application, running independently of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67,

Thank you.  Can you expand a little more on the Action option please?  I've created an Action before to batch process passwords on pdfs but that is the limit of my experience.  I really appreciate your help   And what kind of stand-alone application would I be looking for in this situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Action can use a simple script to output to the console window whether or not a file has bookmarks. However, processing very large amounts of files using an Action can cause the application to get stuck, and also the console window has a limited amount of space.

A stand-alone application would do the same, only it is much more robust and can process very large amounts of files, quickly and without having to visually display each one (something an Action does, unfortunately). It can also be set to export the results to a text file, for example.
If you're interested in such a tool you can contact me privately at try6767 at gmail.com and we'll discuss the details, including the price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try67,

Thank you so much.  I'll be contacting you shortly, please look for an email from robin whitt in your junk mail folder if it doesn't show up in your primary box. You have been a great help today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines