Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"unable to obtain dynamiclink server"

Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the CS6 version of After Effects (I bought it as a physical disc 4 years ago, which is why I haven't upgraded to CC as CS6 works just fine) and I have been satisfied wth it so far. However, I have run into an issue.

I needed the 3D Camera Tracker for a compositing shot I am working on. I clicked "Track Camera" with my footage selected, and clicked "Analyze" and it said "unable to obtain dynamiclink server." I looked up the problem and have tried every solution I've found online to no avail. I am wondering what this problem is and how to fix it, as the Camera Tracker and Warp Stabilizer keep giving me this error and I would like to use those features.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info:

Model: HP s5-1070t

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500s CPU @ 2.70 GHz

RAM: 6.00 GB

x64 based processor, 64-bit OS

After Effects CS6  (I don't know how to find the specific version number)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the program in Win 7 compatibility mode.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are using the most updated version of CS6 which is 11.0.4 then try these by order:

1. make sure your GPU driver is up to date
  2. try to run the software as administrator - (right click->run as administrator)
  3. try disabling firewalls or antivirus/malware scanner and see if that works
  4. try reset your preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences
  5. re-install the application using the cc cleaner tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These also did not work 😕 Is there any other way to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Help>About After Effects and see what version number of AE you are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says I'm running version 11.0.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've really tried all of the steps, including running CC Cleaner between uninstalling and reinstalling, I don't know what else to suggest except for something going wrong with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have two versions of AE installed? I got this error on 2015.3, and uninstalling 2017 did it for me. Seems like dynamiclink maybe didn't know which one to talk to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error everytime and I tried every smgle step but nothing works... I am using After Effects CC 2014 v.13.2.0.49 anyone please give me a solution for this error.

The error is "unable to obtain dynamic link server" while I am tryong to use 3d camera tracking option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hackn85184226  wrote

I am getting this error everytime and I tried every smgle step but nothing works... I am using After Effects CC 2014 v.13.2.0.49 anyone please give me a solution for this error.

The error is "unable to obtain dynamic link server" while I am tryong to use 3d camera tracking option.

Try transcoding your footage into a production codec (like Cineform or DNxHD) and tracking that instead of what it currently is. (Assuming your footage is straight from a camera that uses H.264 compression.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam,

I tried... But nothing happens and it still shows this error. I think some third party app is blocking it to obtain the server. If you know how to fix it or how to troubleshoot the problem please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this problem fixed via tech support. Both versions of Pr and Ae need to be the same (I'm not sure exactly why). I installed Pr 14.0 and Ae 17.0 and it works fine now. 

From support:"PR 14 and AE 17 are both CC 2020 versions but .0.1 OR .0.2 versions have to be the same"

So in theory, you could also have PR 14.0.1 and AE 17.0.1 and that should work as well. 

Lastly, I was told the dynamic link would not work with the trial version of AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines