Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA used to work and now doesn't

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have the same problem, but, I don't understand why the previous version of after effects ( and premiere) worked with cuda on my pc and the new version of the softwares don't work. Does somebody can help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Hi.

I asked to the adobe support about my problem and, one of the suggestion was update the video driver. It doesn't make sense for me because another softwares like illustrator 2017 has worked very well. So, I entered the nvidia site and I downloaded the driver. Ok... Now the CUDA resources works well.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain in a lot more detail what your issue is. Exact version of AE you're currently using, what version you were using, what hardware you're running, etc.

And, most importantly, we need to know what you mean about CUDA working vs. not working. Are you talking about the ray-traced renderer, the GPU effects, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt work using raytraced rendering yet. The real "problem" happen when I open the software, and, when I play the timeline, it use the basic mercury rendering. In the Premiere software, I need to pre render the timeline to see the effects in real time. Today I'm using the premiere CC 2017 and this things are happening, but, the same file in the previous version of the software, worked very well. In After Effects, the warning about CUDA is the same.

I'm working with Nvidia Geforce GT 420.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I asked to the adobe support about my problem and, one of the suggestion was update the video driver. It doesn't make sense for me because another softwares like illustrator 2017 has worked very well. So, I entered the nvidia site and I downloaded the driver. Ok... Now the CUDA resources works well.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for sharing what worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines